Greater Business Value
– CA IT Asset Manager 12.7 Extends Market Leadership with New Software Asset Management Capabilities
– CA Service Desk Manager 12.7 Expands Mobile Capabilities, ITIL Best Practices and Change Management Automation
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced new versions of CA IT Asset Manager and CA Service Desk Manager which empower IT organizations to work smarter, mitigate risk and deliver more value to the business.
CA IT Asset Manager 12.7 gives IT organizations rich insight into software license entitlements and usage to help mitigate audit risk and reduce over-spend. It also delivers the intelligence and automation necessary to optimize resource allocation, ensure compliance and fulfill audit requirements. New features help customers:
• Quickly identify hardware and software assets in use and/or available;
• More effectively pool and distribute available software licenses and avoid unnecessary additional purchases;
• Mitigate the risks of license audits and reduce the costs of responding to them; and
• Improve financial decision-making and enable more accurate allocation of software costs to business units, locations, projects, etc.
"We appreciate the aggressive investments CA Technologies continues to make in software asset management, and we are encouraged about the broader, deeper functionality they are bringing to CA IT Asset Manager," said Scott D. Dresen, vice-president, Information Services at the Center for Technology and Information Solutions at Spectrum Health. "We already leverage CA IT Asset Manager to significantly reduce our software costs and mitigate the risks associated with license non-compliance—and we expect to gain even greater benefits from the new enhancements."
CA IT Asset Manager is a core component of CA Service Management solutions, helping IT organizations to improve operational efficiency and automate core management processes.
“Enterprise IT environments are comprised of extremely complex asset portfolios that can be unwieldy to manage and allocate,” said Lokesh Jindal, general manager, Service and Portfolio Management solutions, CA Technologies. “CA IT Asset Manager 12.7 uniquely enables customers to cut through that complexity in order to make smarter decisions that save them money while ensuring optimized service levels to the end-user.”
CA Service Desk Manager 12.7
CA Service Desk 12.7 features a broad range of enhancements that substantially improve productivity and mitigate change risk. Key enhancements:
• Improve the user experience with mobility features that enable field service teams to take action via PDA’s and iPads to perform support functions;
• Reduce business risk by verifying that CMDB changes are appropriately authorized—and automated corrective policies for those that are not; and
• Increase productivity with ITIL best practice content delivered directly in the form of documents, diagrams and pre-built workflows.
"Operationally, our customers’ IT organizations can gain tremendous benefit by tying change management to a CMDB that also integrates with their incident management and troubleshooting processes," said Beth Gebrai, vice president of Process Leadership at Stefanini, a CA Technologies managed services provider. "The latest enhancements from CA Technologies will help enable Stefanini to further innovate and add value for our clients—while also demonstrating once again CA’s long-term commitment to providing robust, end-to-end service management capabilities to cost-effectively keep our customers productive, even as their IT environment keeps becoming larger and more complex."