CA Technologies Enterprise–class Management Solutions to Support and Integrate with Citrix Cloud and Desktop Virtualization Technologies
Today at Citrix Synergy™, the conference where mobile workstyles and cloud services meet, CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) and Citrix (NASDAQ: CTXS) announced that they are partnering to help enterprises and service providers increase agility and productivity by providing additional management and monitoring capabilities on top of Citrix cloud and desktop virtualization solutions.
The first area of collaboration between the two companies focuses on leveraging CA Technologies management solutions to provide in-depth insight and control of public and private clouds built on Citrix Cloud Platform technologies. This focus will initially include the following:
• CA Nimsoft Monitor support for Citrix CloudPlatform, powered by Apache CloudStack™, and Citrix XenServer to provide performance and availability monitoring of remote, secured hosted cloud deployments.
• CA Automation Suite for Clouds support of Citrix CloudPlatform to offer self-service provisioning, orchestration and process automation, as well as metering and chargeback of infrastructure resources.
• CA Server Automation, embedded in CA Automation Suite for Clouds, supports XenServer orchestration.
The second area of collaboration focuses on leveraging CA Technologies management solutions to provide consistent lifecycle management, monitoring, and service level visibility for Citrix virtual app and desktop solutions. This focus will initially include the following:
• CA Nimsoft Monitor for VDI support for Citrix XenDesktop to offer end-to-end visibility and service quality monitoring of health, availability and performance of the entire VDI implementation – from virtual desktop application tiers to the underlying hardware infrastructure;
• CA Client Automation and CA Virtual Desktop Automation support for Citrix XenDesktop to provide a consistent management infrastructure for the lifecycle of both virtual and physical desktops;
• CA Infrastructure Management support of Citrix XenDesktop deployments to provide performance, availability, flow, capacity, and application response management data regarding the underlying infrastructure.
“Now more than ever, enterprises and service providers find high value in open source as a means of integrating heterogeneous systems into complex and hybrid cloud applications,” said Peter Christy, principal, Internet Research Group. “This partnership brings together purpose-built technologies that are proven leaders in their respective Cloud and Systems Management segments.”
“The collaboration with Citrix is focused on enabling IT to deliver quality services across Citrix CloudPlatform and Citrix XenDesktop environments,” said Peter Griffiths, executive vice president, Enterprise Solutions and Technology Group, CA Technologies. “We look forward to working with Citrix to deliver end-to-end performance management and automation for Citrix-centric clouds, data center and network environments.”
“We are excited to have the market share leader in the worldwide cloud systems management software market, as ranked by IDC*, working with us to achieve success with our largest enterprise and cloud service-provider customers,” said Gordon Payne, senior vice president of Solutions, Citrix. “By combining the advanced cloud management, automation and performance management from CA Technologies with our leading cloud platform, our joint customers will have the tools and capabilities that they need to efficiently run their cloud operations.”
“We welcome the news that two of our key technology partners are working together to accelerate virtual desktop deployments,” said Dr. Rolf Strotmann, vice president of Enterprise Server & Software, Fujitsu Technology Solutions. “CA Technologies automation solutions’ support for Citrix XenDesktop will expand our consulting approach for seamless management and automation of the entire range of data center and client devices, whether physical or virtual. With the integration of virtual clients in CA Client Automation, Fujitsu can now offer both physical and virtual provisioning as part of ManageNow. This integration enables Fujitsu to take the next step in efficient management and automation using a minimal toolset – to the benefit of our customers.”
CA Technologies at Citrix Synergy
CA Technologies will demonstrate its current and planned support for Citrix CloudPlatform and Citrix XenDesktop in booth #306 at Citrix Synergy in Barcelona (October 17-19), where the company is a gold sponsor.
For additional information about the CA Technologies solutions that support Citrix CloudPlatform and Citrix XenDesktop deployments, visit www.ca.com/citrix.