Ljubljana, October 20, 2008
All Golden Drum finalists, 345 all together, are warming up for the ultimate race – the Intercontinental Advertising Cup – that brings together finalists from 4 major regional festivals and award shows: Asia-Pacific’s ‘s ADFEST, Ibero-American FIAP, European ADC*E and the Golden Drum.
1.406 finalists will compete for 195 nominations,
38 CUPs and
1 GRAND CUP.
The global jury with insight into local cultures will judge the entries primarily on the merit of genius loci, spirit of the place that is the real arena in which all advertising is made to work. The judging will take place from November 4 – 7 in Bled, Slovenia.
President of the jury: Piyush Pandey, Chairman and Creative Director, Ogilvy, Mumbai, India. Members are distinguished representatives of advertising profession:
– Carlos Bacchetti, Co-founder of El Cielo y El Infierno, Buenos Aires, Argentina
– Ami Hasan, Founder, Chief Creative Officer and Chairman, hasan&partners, Helsinki, Finland
– Michael Conrad, President of Berlin School of Creative Leadership, Zurich
– Tay Guan Hin, Executive Creative Director, JWT South Asia
– Andrey Illiassov, Group Creative Director, BBDO Moscow, Russia
– Akira Kagami, Executive Creative Director, Dentsu, Tokio, Japan
– Mario Mandacaru, Creative Director, Brandcentral, Lisbon Portugal
– Franco Moretti, Group Chief Creative Director, Leo Burnett, Milano, Italy, President of ADC*E
– Johannes Newrkla, Founder and CEO, Bluetango, Vienna, Austria
– Juan Carlos Ortiz, DDB, Chicago, USA, President of FIAP jury 2008
– Milka Pogliani, Chairman European Creative Council EMEA, Chairman and Executive Creative Director, McCann Erickson, Milano, Italy
– Sergio Valente, President of DM9DDB Brazil
And best of all: participation in The CUP is free for all finalists of participating events.
We have no doubt the Golden Drum finalists will make the New European advertising community proud of their global achievement!