● At a starting price of Rs 384,999*, the New Ford Figo dazzles with a host of new features — new-look head and tail lamps, hexagonal front grill, new instrument panel colour and steering column mounted audio controls, among others
● With two new striking colours, the New Figo is extremely attractive as a substantial package of style, performance and value-for-money
Ford India today introduced the New Figo, an enriched version of India’s “Most Awarded Car” with an enhanced Kinetic design, trendy new colours and a host of enhanced smart features. The New Figo builds on the sporty and sophisticated personality of the original, featuring several key changes including 10 new styling elements.
The New Figo further integrates with the global Kinetic design DNA – with its new look front fascia with a hexagonal grill, redesigned headlamps and tail lamps and several other style changes. The Kinetic design elements carry into the interiors – the New Figo sports a second new instrument panel colour, ‘Riviera Blue,’ that invokes a sense of vibrancy while the new blue seat fabric gives a premium feel. With the introduction of two new bold and exciting colours – Bright Yellow and Kinetic Blue – customers can now make a vibrant style statement with their New Figo.
“The Ford Figo is a big game-changer for us and has won the trust of customers as a reliable, substantial vehicle with outstanding value. With the addition of all new exciting features in the New Figo, we believe our customers will truly find that Change is a wonderful thing,” said Michael Boneham, president and managing director, Ford India. The phenomenal Figo proved to be a game changer for Ford after its launch, establishing Ford India firmly as a volume player, selling over 235,000 units in India and around the world.
“We thank our customers for making the Figo so successful within such a short span and believe the New Figo will take their brand experience to a new level,” Boneham added.
● Enhanced Kinetic design: A new-look front fascia with a hexagonal grill and redesigned headlamps builds on the car’s Kinetic design that exudes dynamism
● Better performance: The New Figo has improved engine calibration to deliver higher acceleration during first few seconds resulting in better pick up. Shifting gears requires less effort
● Quieter cabin: New Double Bulb weather strips on doors further reduce noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) levels inside the cabin, keeping the interiors quiet
● Steering column mounted radio controls: Customers can stay connected to their loved ones and not miss a beat of their favourite songs – while keeping their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road
● Better comfort: Better seating comfort with improved lumbar support and head rest adjustment
● New headlamps with new design at bumper interface: The artistically designed headlamps have a larger reflective surface, improving visibility
● Freshened tail lamps: The newly designed tail lamps give the car an enhanced look and better visibility
● New 14” alloy wheels and wheel cover design: New 14” alloy wheels on the Titanium variant and wheel cover designs give the car a sportier look
Taking the Figo offering further, Ford India has introduced several changes in the New Ford Figo. Here’s a quick look at the changes:
The New Figo also features several key changes under the new skin and looks; it is now a car brimming with energetic performance and superior comfort. Improved calibration of the engine gives it a better pick-up during starting off and overtaking. Shifting gears requires lesser effort making it a joy to drive, while added lumbar support in the seats and adjustable headrests enhance comfort. Thanks to improved sealing of the doors, the New Figo’s interiors are now quieter.
Widely acclaimed as one of the best offerings in its segment, known for its best-in-class quality features and value for money, Ford Figo has found a place in the prestigious Limca Book of Records 2012 as the most awarded car in India in its debut year. The car’s popularity is strengthened by the fact that 65 percent of its owners in India are first time car buyers. Exported to 35 international markets, Ford Figo has established India as one of Ford’s preferred locations for a world-class manufacturing centre.
The enhanced smart features and new looks bolster the already substantial package offered by the Ford Figo, with its best in class space, AC and first in segment Bluetooth connectivity. A nimble well-engineered steering and suspension, responsive engine and light and precise steering also make the Figo a fun-to-drive car.
The Figo’s superior performance, fuel-efficiency and lower ownership costs have helped it find resonance among so many customers. Ford Figo’s unique Child Parts save on repairs and maintenance so that customers can save on costs by not replacing the whole thing. Add to this a two year/100,000 KM warranty, and the car offers one of the best all-round packages of style, performance and value-for-money in India today.
To support the growing number of Figos on Indian roads, Ford India has expanded its dealer network by 40 percent — mostly in tier-two and tier three cities over the last two years – expanding to 230 sales and service outlets in 123 cities across India. The company plans to raise the number to over 500 outlets by mid-decade. With an emphasis on lower cost of ownership, the company has introduced many service initiatives including mobile service vans and Roadside Assistance (RSA) across more locations.
“With the New Figo we have celebrated change by carefully listening to our customers and enhancing it with smart new features and improved looks. The New Figo will definitely add to Ford’s amazing growth story in India,” concluded Anurag Mehrotra, vice president, Marketing, Ford India.
* Editor’s Note: New Figo Petrol starts at INR 384,999 and New Figo Diesel starts at INR 481,999, ex-showroom Delhi and INR 385,437 (Petrol) and INR 482,438 (Diesel), ex-showroom Thane.