On Thursday, 17 April 2014, the seventh circle of Intercontinental Advertising CUP ended in Belgrade after the whole day very successful Creative Summit event. Special surprise to all foreign speakers and delegates were extremely attractive presentations of talented young creative directors in Balkan Spirit section.
Taproot India has won the 2013 Grand CUP at the 7th Intercontinental Advertising Cup Awards in Belgrade for its powerful ‘I am Mumbai’ campaign.
THE CUP celebrates ideas infused with local culture in opposition to the tsunami of faceless global communications. Only the 2013 finalists & winners from ADFEST, ADC*E, Golden Drum, and FIAP were eligible to enter into THE CUP, where they are judged by an international jury.
Golden Drum would like to congratulate the following winners from Golden Drum, which won the following CUPs:
· OTVETDESIGN/St.-Petersburg for Selizharovo Cannery, canned goods – WINNER in category Best of Food;
· Age McCann/Tallinin for Renovation loan, KredEx – WINNER in category Best of Financial;
· New Moment New Ideas company Skopje for 10 meters apart campaign – WINNER in The Best of Radio and
· Saatchi & Saatchi (Berlin, Bucharest, Belgrade, Warsaw, Moscow) for Days of Hope- WINNER in category Best of Media Innovation.
Beside the winners there were 25 Nominees from Golden Drum:
· New Moment New Ideas company Belgrade – for Zoom in Zoom out, Bananica Stark (Best of Radio + Best of Food);
· McCann Ericson/Tel Aviv for Mentos Kiss, Mentos kiss, Leiman Schlusse (Best of Food);
· TBWA Helsinki for Adidas Window Shopping (Best of Sport + Best of Interactive + Best of Media Innovation + Best of Direct Marketing + Best universal idea created in a local market + Best use of technology);
· McCann Istanbul for Crafter 22 + 1, VW Commercial Vehicles – twice (Best of Radio + Best of Cars);
· Bold Ogilvy & Mather Athens for Bakery/ Carpentry/ Flower shop, Ford Motor Hellas (Best of other vehicles);
· GMP Advertising & Webstyler/Bucharest for Why Don’t you come over?, Mediafax group (Best of travel, tourism + Best of PR + Best of Strategy);
· JANDL, marketing a reklama Bratislava for Radionet Tea Party (Best of communication and media);
· Red Pepper/ Ekaterinburg for Extremist constitution, independent mass media Znak.com (Best of communication and media);
· New moment New Idea company Skopje for 10 meters apart (Best of social engagements + Best of events + Best use of local culture);
· Age McCann/Tallinin for Renovation loan, KredEx ( Best of Outdoor);
· Saatchi & Saatchi (Berlin, Bucharest, Belgrade, Warsaw, Moscow) for Days of Hope (Best of campaign);
· New moment New Idea company Skopje for Piano, Skopje Jazz Festival (Best of Design) and
· OTVETDESIGN/St.-Petersburg for Selizharovo Cannery, canned goods (Best of Design + Best strategy).
All together the jury decided on 33 winners of brand new steel cups:
12 to FIAP, 9 to ADFEST, 8 cups went to ADC*E entries and 4 to Golden Drum.
Golden Drum has been a proud partner of THE CUP since its mission as the only festival in the world that celebrates local culture.
This year’s jury members were:
· Michael Conrad, President of the Berlin School of Creative Leadership – President of The CUP Jury;
· Alexandra Taylor, Member of D&AD Board, consultant freelance Art Director;
· Dušan Drakalski, Regional Creative Director, New Moment New Ideas Company, Macedonia;
· Johannes Newrkla, Founder & CEO, Bluetango, Austria;
· Juan Sánchez, Chief Creative Officer, TBWA/SPAIN;
· Martin Spillmann, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Continental Western Europe;
· Naoki Ito, Chief Creative Officer & Founder of PARTY Tokyo;
· Santosh Padhi, Chief Creative Officer & Co-Founder, Taproot India, Mumbai, and
· Sophie Schoenburg, Copywriter, AlmapBBDO, Brazil.
The Intercontinental Advertising Cup was established in 2007 by organizers of the world’s three biggest regional advertising festivals: Asia Pacific’s ADFEST, Ibero-American FIAP and New European Golden Drum, ADC*E, Art Director’s Club of Europe is the member from the beginning too.
For more information, visit www.thecupawards.com and //www.adforum.com/award-organization/.